Brendan Stiles, HawkeyeDrive.com publisher/reporter
- Hometown: Iowa City, Iowa
- HS: Iowa City High ’05
- College: University of Iowa ’10
- Degrees: B.A., Journalism and Mass Communications, B.A., Communication Studies
- Background: Wrote for The Little Hawk during senior year of high school. Wrote for five years at The Daily Iowan in Iowa City, Iowa, from June 2005 – May 2010. Covered 30 Iowa football games over the course of three seasons, including every game during both the 2008 and 2009 seasons. Covered both the 2009 Outback Bowl between Iowa and South Carolina, and the 2010 FedEx Orange Bowl between Iowa and Georgia Tech. Was the DI‘s sports editor from June 2008-July 2009, as well as Pregame editor during both the 2008 and 2009 Iowa football seasons. Wrote the recaps of every Iowa game during the 2009 season chronicled in a book put out by the DI titled “A Season On The Edge.” Covered Iowa men’s basketball during the 2009-10 season and contributed to coverage of Fran McCaffery being introduced as the replacement for Todd Lickliter.
- HawkeyeDrive.com background: Since creating HawkeyeDrive.com in June 2010, the following has all been covered — 2010 and 2011 Prime Time Leagues from start to finish; 2010 and 2011 Big Ten Football Media Days; 2010 and 2011 Golden Harvests; 2010 and 2011 Iowa Football Media Days; all seven of the 2010 Johnson County I-Club Breakfasts; the entire 2010 Iowa football season including the Hawkeyes’ 27-24 victory over Missouri in the 2010 Insight Bowl; 2010 Iowa Men’s Basketball Media Day; 2010 Big Ten Basketball Media Day; every Iowa men’s basketball game played on American soil during the 2010-11 season, including the Hawkeyes’ first-round loss to Michigan State in the 2011 Big Ten Tournament; 2011 Big Ten spring meetings in Chicago.
*Photo courtesy of @iowahawkeyes.*